Thursday, March 7, 2013

Dining in Milton Keynes, restaurant reviews

Food...yumm... I certainly love good food! To eat well and healthy is part of my life style and it certainly has a great influence on my mood.
At least once a week I need a good treat :D  In my time in Milton Keynes I have been checking out several restaurants, though there are so many it is going to take years to check them all out!
Anyways I thought I'd write a little review sharing my MK dining experience with you.
I have two top favorites: Jaipur (indian restaurant) and Turtle Bay (caribbean cuisine).
I have been to Turtle Bay maybe 5 times and only twice to Jaipur but I must say Jaipur has to be my number 1.

WHY JAIPUR IS THE BEST

The setting and decorations are simply amazing! It looks like a great Indian palace. As soon as you come into the hall you'll see a man dressed in beautiful traditional clothes, who greets you very politely and guides you inside the restaurant. The lounge is awesome, palm trees everywhere, paintings, amazing decorations. Service was impeccable and the food was superb both in presentation and taste. I had the most delicious indian food ever! It wasn't even that pricy. I seriously reccomand it.

JAIPUR
Me at Jaipur


some starters

 
I wish I had taken more pictures of the place/food... can't wait to be back!



TURTLE BAY

I just love this place! Very colourful, vibrant, paintings on the wall, reggae music playing in the backrground and super tasty caribbean food...prices are reasonable and portions are big! What more could one ask?



One of my favorite dishes....aubergines, rice and peas and sweet potatoes

TURTLE BAY

Rastafari Rundown

The Rastafari Rundown was a delight and it has got to be my favorite dish! It was also Bob Marley's favourite dish.


LA TASCA

Spanish tapas bar restaurant, very cozy, friendly atmosphere, awesome food but pricy! Portions are very small so to get full you have to order lots of stuff. Nice to place to spend time with friends for tapas snack before going to the cinema.

Some super delicious tapas we ordered

LA TASCA

mmmmm this was yummy

THE MALESYAN RESTAURANT

Very small place! Staff was very kind and friendly but the restaurant was really small, no particular decorations nor feel to it. Food was just alright. I wasn't impressed at all. Very poor vegetarian selection.



Fried egg on top of rice...only one question: why?

RED HOT BUFFET

Already the word "buffet" doesn't turn me on...why? Because buffet has nothing fancy about it because it is just a ...buffet. Don't like the self-service system, but I must admit the food selection was excellent and it was presented in a decorative, elegant manner. Food from all corners of the world but I just don't like the idea of food being already prepared and exposed. Major turn off the fact that people have to serve themselves....I can imagine people touching / tasting food and putting it back and nasty things like that...ewwwww...
All in all, very good price for money, eat as much as you want,


RED HOT BUFFET

 
 
 
RAJDHANI
 
 I didn't like the location, not particularly fancy but GREAT selection of food and really generous portions. Reasonable prices and spicy curries! Good place to dine.



Took these pictures from their site as I didn't take any photos when I ate there.


PIZZA EXPRESS

Cool place, clean and modern, friendly staff and the pizza was awesome!
Being italian, when it comes to pizza I am very demanding. I never had great expectations for pizza abroad but this one was definitely the closest to real italian pizza. Good vegetarian selection. They will see me very soon again! Unfortunately I didn't take any photos but trust me when I say they were really yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment