Sunday, March 10, 2013

24 TV series, aka the beauty and the geek?

Yes! I admit it! I got addicted to 24! I only saw season 4 and I am almost finished with season 5, but that was enough to give me a total addiction.
It is a very exciting series, that is no secret, but I find it hilarious in many ways and always gives me a good laugh.
I mean Jack Bauer is a true hero, he can be fighting terrorists all day, get kidnapped, shot, tortured, hijack planes, fly helicopters, drive cars up and down the country all in one day! The guy never sleeps, eat or goes to the toilet! Have you noticed how he does all these adventures and goes through a lot of physical assults and he never has a scratch? He must be unbreakable!


Jack Bauer


Not only it is impossible for him to feel hungry or tired, he is also very very fast.
Honestly wherever he is in the country, he always manages to get to CTU within 5 minutes or so.
The town where they filmed the show must be so tiny, considering that the show is in real time, that the terrorists, the White House, the Mojave desert must be all at spitting distance from CTU. LOL!
I mean, they call Chloe at home telling her to get back to work at CTU, she is at home in her pijama watching tv on her sofa and literally 4 minutes later she is already at CTU all dressed up, hair combed, working on her computer! Even if she was living in the same building, she wouldn't be able to do that!  So funny!
Instead of using super advanced technlogy and satellite images to catch the terrorists, I feel like telling them: "Hey just look out of the window! You may be able to spot them as your city seem to have a 100 square meter perimeter!" LOL!
But hey all these elements just contribute to make this series really entertaining.

I had a look at some of the actors to see what they look like in real life and I was so surprised to see that most of them look so much better than in real life!
I don't know, I always had this impression that before appearing in a film an actor had to go through hours of make up to achieve a certain look...but seems to happen in 24 is exactly the opposite...instead of putting on make up they seem to remove it!

Check out Kim Raver aka Audrey Raines in 24.



KIM AS AUDREY RAINES IN 24




She doesn't look very promising, just very plain and has that stressed out business woman look.
Then you see her in real life and she looks like this:

KIM RAVER

KIM RAVER

KIM RAVER
She looks amazing!!! Stunning as a photo model!!

Another example: Mary-Lynn Rajskub aka Chloe O'Brian
´
Here is what she looks like in 24:

Chloe O'Brian
 
Chloe O' Brian

 

Definitely not what I would call pretty...a total geek who looks and acts like she is special needs!
Then you see the actress in real life and your jaw drops! Or at least mine did!


MARY-LYNN aka Chloe looks amazing in real life!


MARY-LYNN RAJSKUB

So much better in real life!!!

 
Not only she looks way better with brown hair and some make up on, she is also very funny! I saw a couple of interviews with her and she cracked me up! In these interviews she didn't reveal herself though, she wasn't really giving any true answers, she was playing a part. Very good but mysterious actress!
I think it is a true blow to self image to be presented to the world in a film where you actually look a lot worse than your average days. Mariah Carey came to my mind, in the film "Precious", where she played the part of a very plain social assistant. The director strictly forbid her to use any make up, dyed her brown and removed anything glamorous about her. Let me tell you, it must have taken a lot of guts and true dedication to her work, to be shown in public in that light. She looked like a completely different person and she herself admitted to feel terrified looking at herself in that film.
I admire her for what she did!
It is easy to look glamorous and confident when you have your hair professionally styled, tons of make up on and elegant clothes...the true courage comes when you are presented in front of your audience just as you are! So Big UP to Mariah Carey for that!

As far as me, I really experienced something very similar for my role in the film "Alone". They powdered my hair to make it messy and grey, they made me wear red contact lenses, coloured my teeth black and put a terrifying corpse make up on...all of that topped by a good amount of real stinky cow blood. Not a pretty sight!

How I got from THIS:



Me  in the summer


To this:

Me in the film "Alone"

I can honestly tell you that as soon as my part was finished and could remove that horrible make up from my face I felt like the most beautiful woman in the world! Now, that was a good feeling!

2 comments:

  1. Kiefer Sutherland s 24 series Jack Bauer Brown Leather Jacket
    I am very found of this tv show i like it very much i takes time watch this tv show an I wanna to see him in Jack Bauer outfit i really amazing and impressice chck out this Kiefer Sutherland ( Jack Bauer ) 24 series brown Leather Jacket

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes he is a GREAT actor! 24 is truly one of the best telefilms ever!!!

      Delete